italian boy

italian boy

Monday, March 22, 2010

REVIEW (kinda): i love myself a good paella


Probably one of my favorite dishes. Personally, La Tasca holds my number one paella in DC with Jaleo a close second. I have yet to try it from Lorial since they warn you the wait is 40 minutes. This one pictured above and on the left is from the Cardozo in Miami Beach. The chorizo was exceptionally tasty here. Hands down though the best ever was on the beach in Barcelona (pictured on the right with my mom and dad)- there you have dozens of varieties, all the ingredients are as fresh as the ocean air and the demand is so high that restaurants cant afford to mess with their quality. A while back I blogged about an easy paella to make a home (see here) and I think now that spring is in the air I might finally buy myself a proper paella pan and make a night of it. My number one tip with paella: sandy shellfish will ruin your meal leaving you with gritty unappetizing rice. Be sure your clams and mussels are fresh and washed well and if you are unsure of the quality, steam them seperately, then after checking them, add (with their juices) to your completed paella- don't risk a sandy clam ruining your masterpiece.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog