italian boy

italian boy

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

REVIEW: do i really need to mention lorial plaza?

Clearly most DC readers know where Lorial Plaza is, what the food is like, how long they'll wait in line at 8pm on a Friday night and that they open at 11:30 am every weekend morning with food made ever so perfect for a hangover Dionysus himself would cry. The main reason most DCers end up there, at least in large groups, are the fantastic and enormous margaritas. Rocks, frozen or a strawberry swirl. I just discovered the "sangrita".... born from a frozen margarita and sangria, I have to say is hands down my favorite pitcher in town. Lorial Plaza, of Raul Sanchez and chef Luis Reyes, on 1835 18th St NW is a mix of Tex-Mex, Spanish, El Salvadorian, and maybe a couple other countries' cuisine. Some say it's fantastic, some say they've had better- in all my years there I've heard few complaints and know there's something on the menu for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i <3 lorial.



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog