italian boy

italian boy

Friday, July 9, 2010

tomatillo garlic and almond salsa

I totally experimented on a taco night a little while ago and came up with an AMAZING salsa.
Use this to dip chips, throw it on a taco or use as a sauce for fish.  Wash a couple tomatillos, slice them in half and throw them in the broiler with some salt and olive oil till they just start to blacken.  Do the same to toast a couple chopped almonds but be careful they'll only take a minute before they brown.  Dump everything in a blender, add a jalapeƱo (or 2 depending on your taste), some lime juice, cilantro, a little more olive oil, salt to taste and hit puree.  In the photo above I wanted mine a little more watery so last minute I added a whole raw plum tomato and it was fantastic too.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog