italian boy

italian boy

Monday, July 19, 2010

HUMMUS with fried chickpeas

So I've blogged about making hummus before but its about time I mention it again- this time we're taking it up a notch.  Ingredients are still the same (Chickpeas- 2 cans, tahini 2/3 of a cup, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt).. throw it all in a blender and voila.  NOW, throw a can of drained chick peas in a pan with a touch of oil and fry them till their golden brown and crispy.  Drain on a paper towel, season with salt and add these chick pea "fries" over your hummus for a welcomed savory CRUNCH (you can try them roasted as well).  It really is great and worth the extra couple minutes.  Prepare a couple hours in advance if need be and leftovers never stay left over for long.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog