italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, May 20, 2010

REVIEW: Panache, Dupont South

First time I was here was about 5 years ago at an industry party and wound up dancing on the benches with other fellow servers and bartenders well past midnight- flash forward to noon today and I was at a business lunch figuring out how Driven Inc can help green ACS.  Either way, the food there is delicious.  Is it all sustainable?  Definitely NOT but with some picking and choosing there's plenty to eat.  Swordfish, Atlantic salmon, ahi tuna and chilean seabass are SERIOUSLY overfished and often times before they reach sexual maturity.  They were all on the menu.  I chose the pasta special, and for me to say it was great says so much considering I'm such a pasta snob.  Slightly al dente, penne with chicken, basil and dried chorizo in a vodka sauce.  Very very nice. Portions are the appropriate size and the 'patio' seating is key.  Check it if youre in the neighborhood and need some place nice since there aren't too many- just try and stay away from seafood whose populations are at the brink of collapse.  If youre not sure GO HERE and type in the name of a fish youre curious about or print out a "fish card" to keep in your wallet.  It makes a difference. Panache 1725 DeSales St 202.293.7760

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog