italian boy

italian boy

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HAPPY HOUR DC: Vapiano

So I can safely say Vapiano is my favorite happy hour spot for a group.  The have decent specials on wine, cocktails and beer (Peroni) and their food it surprisingly good- whether you want to split a pizza or get bruschette you will not be disappointed.  There are a number of seating arrangements from benches to chairs, tables, the bar and even picnic tables when there's outdoor space so its not difficult to accomodate a group.  The best part about it though is that upon entering everyone is given a Vapiano card- you charge whatever food or drink you want on it, you can still treat a friend or keep your expenses to youself... the only thing is whenever you want to leave there's no hassle with a check, dividing tips or dealing with cash- you just settle with your card on the way out. Perfect with groups when people will plan to come and go.  Some nights get crowded so be sure to get there early to block off a spot if you'll be more than a couple people. Vapiano, F Street in Chinatown and 18th and M in Dupont (with back patio). Check it out.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog