italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, April 29, 2010

READER CONTRIBUTION: quinoa, peppers and tofu

conversation with my buddy josh over IM:
josh: I am eating the best leftovers ever. I cooked a couple of diced onions down with some garlic, oil and salt and then added two diced bell peppers (yellow and orange) and cooked that down. Then when they looked awesome I moved them to a bowl, added more oil, another onion, garlic, and diced tofu and cooked that on high, stirring a lot. Then added the onions and garlic back to the pan after 7 or 10 minutes and stirred for a new more minutes. Then I tossed everything in a big bowl with three cups of an organic quinoa I had made. It's probably 3-4 dinners and it's so fresh and healthy. I think it gets better every day it sits in the fridge, too.
me: can you send me a photo?!
josh: There isn't much left. haha. I can send you a photo of the sad remains in the bottom of the bowl. haha
me:  YUM !!! looks amazing!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog