italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, April 8, 2010

HAPPY HOUR DC: The Reef, Adams Morgan

This is one of my favorite places in all of DC.  Bottom floor is jungle themed with trees and fun music.  The next floor is filled with saltwater fishtanks and has great booths to sit eat and drink.  And the roof is fantastic, airy, tables to sit and much or plenty of space to stand.  Fantastic view, great beers and perfect spot for a margarita.  From their website, "We specialize in unique and interesting beers and we're more than happy to tell you all about them and let you sample a few too. Our kitchen keeps it real by cooking up some fantastic dishes with only the highest quality organic produce and free-range meats all provided by local farmers."  Look for rotating beer and drink specials and if you can prove you're an Adams Morgan resident (20009 area code) or fake it really well, you get a 10% discount.  The Reef, 2446 18th St in the Heart of Adams Morgan.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog