italian boy

italian boy

Monday, April 19, 2010

patatas bravas

Yeah, I know everything tastes better fried and you do too... so make sure you get to enjoy it every once in a while.  These are just cubed potatoes dropped in hot canola oil, fried till they're golden brown then sprinkled with sea salt and cracked pepper. Try and fry a hot pepper or two in the oil first to spice it up.  Serve them just like this as a side.  Kids love their bite-size. Toss them over a salad or into a beef stir fry.  Alternate them with mozarella, basil and tomatoes on skewers as an appetizer or leave a platter of them out with toothpicks and a fun aioli at a party.  Just be careful, they go a lot faster than you'd expect.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog