italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, August 13, 2009

mr. chen's NOT SO organic

So every now and again, in a very ritualistic manner, I like to order a huge helping of General Tsao's chicken, fried rice, hot and sour soup, dumplings and an eggroll. Usually eaten on the floor with a bottle of cheap wine and a trashy movie. I've been dedicated to Mr. Chen's Organic ("*Organic vegetables are subject to availability and may be substituted.") for the last few years but boy oh boy have they been messing up. Not only do they serve you last nights tough reheated chicken if you make an 11:30 am order on a Saturday morning, I found a large, very long, thick black hair on the BOTTOM of my chicken the LAST time I ordered. This was AFTER I finished eating EVERYTHING else!... I then ran to the bathroom and literally puked out the entirety of my meal.

They are OFF my list. I heard North Sea is organic and Panda Express in my neighborhood is new, very clean, with an open kitchen. Yuck yuck and yuck, Mr. Chen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I have a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach now. (PS my word verifcation for this comment is coota)



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog