italian boy

italian boy

Friday, March 6, 2009

hot italian sausage

Now who doesn't like a nice sausage every now and again... well vegans, but still. If you want something quick easy AND DELICIOUS sausage is the way to go. These days, they make every variety and flavor you could ask for- pork, chicken, turkey, seafood, mushroom, hot, sweet, cheesy, with citrus, basil, parsley, jalapeƱo... you can be as healthy (or not) as you want with this. I know the Safeway by me (which never has anything) will only every have the most basic sausage (at best) but most grocery stores will have a variety. Even whole foods which will boast itself on its numerous varieties wont dare charge more than a dollar or 2 per link- so you really can get away with an inexpensive dinner going this direction. My favorite (that my dad would make ever since i was a little kid) is a skinny one filled with ground pork and cheese. MMMMM !!!!
Its a cinch to make to.. just throw your links in a pan with a few drops of olive oil (or just use a non stick pan) and put it on medium heat a few minutes till one side starts to brown then turn it over till the other side browns and you're done. Eat it between two slices of bread, with cooked onions and peppers, add to pasta or rice, or even make a dinner of just sausage and maybe a little salad on the side. 80% of the meal is prepared at the store- all you gotta do is drop it in a pan.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog