italian boy

italian boy

Saturday, January 24, 2009

vers garlic shrimp

one of the fastest easiest and versatile ways to make shrimp. it literally takes only a few minutes and makes a great side, you can serve them over rice for a main meal or even toss them over a lettuce with sliced palm hearts, water chestnuts and a ginger dressing for a slammin asian salad. buy a bag of raw frozen already shelled and deveined shrimp, let them thaw or drop them in a bowl of warm water. in a skillet melt some butter or coat the bottom with olive oil and put it on low heat. throw in a generous amount of garlic- 3, or 4 cloves chopped or crushed, and just as they start to lightly brown throw in the shrimp. stir them occasionally so they dont stick and as soon as they're fully pink (and no longer grey) they're done. you really can't screw this up. if you let them cook too long the shrimp with get a little tougher but they're still delicious!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog