italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, June 12, 2008

ZED's in GEORGETOWN


so yesterday afternoon i ate at zed's in georgetown with tanya. it was OKAY. the one fat hostess/server was absolutely terrible and needs to be fired immediately. she had the WORST attitude and zero manners. our other server though, with the accent, was fantastic, attentive and a pleasure to be served by.
The first major turn-off is the menu it states "an additional $7 charge will be added for those who share an entree." EFF THAT GARBAGE. what if i wanted to split 3 appetizers and an entree? that is just blatant poor customer service from the start.

the food was good- but traditional Ethiopian dishes tend not to vary so so much in my opinion (though i'm no expert). tanya and i got Chicken Doro Watt ( Tender chicken, red pepper sauce, spices served with hard boiled egg) and Beef Kaey Watt ( Beef cubes simmered in Ethiopian red pepper sauce, flavored with spices). we both enjoyed the meal.
it was a bit pricey compared to other ethiopian restaurants but you ARE paying for outdoor seating on M street.

do i reccomend it? why not. would i go back? probably not- i'd rather go to Dahlak Restaurant (1771 U St. , NW Washington DC 20009 Phone: 202-332-6435 Near 18th St. and Florida Ave. Ethiopian/Eritrean. Pool table. 3pm-12:30am M-F, 4pm-2am Sat-Sun)
This place is MUCH more authentic. Its nicer than most Ethiopian and Eritrean places on U street. FOOD IS FANTASTIC.  They have INSANE beer specials with your meal (i think it was and 5 beers for $10).  Great local bar and restaurant.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog