italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

it's all fun and games till someone gets salmonella

it really is okay to buy tomatoes. my favorite fruit is not by any means tainted or a risky snack. just wash your food! some people call me a hypochondriac, some people call me OCD, some people call me tan. but really, to be safe just throughly wash your fruits and vegetables BEFORE you eat them.. even when you buy the already picked and washed baby romaine or spinach salads another quick rinse or two wont kill you- it might in fact, do the opposite.

if you're feeling too lazy and need a tad of inspiration to wash that grape or apple, just picture the exhausted migrant worker in the vast fields of west virginia who had a bit too much tequila the night before and had to relieve himself behind a fruit tree with only his thumb as a substitute for hygienic paper... and then the lad goes right back to picking.

now obviously if youre eating out, the general rule of thumb is if youre dining in a shady restaurant order cooked food as opposed to raw salads that's advice you hear when traveling abroad but it applies the the US as well.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog