italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GIACOMO'S PIZZA

GIACOMO'S PIZZA... the base recipe.. thre's a million varieties



1. dump more-or-less one cup semolina and 3 cups all purpose flour in a bowl.
2. melt one packet of yeast in a glass of warm H20. stick your finger under the tap- if your finger is burning its too hot and itll kill the yeast, if its warm, then youre cool.
3. crack an egg over the flour.
4. add a couple spoons of sugar and some salt.
5. add the H20 with yeast and start to massage it all together.
6. add water and/or flour till you get the right consistency.
7. let rise- 1/2 hour to an hour.
8. drop in buttered AND oiled [deep] [and clean] cookie sheet.
9. start to flatten it out, then turn over (to transfer oil) and finish flattening (like youre playing the piano).
10. add one layer of slices of mozzarella or cheap american cheese or provolone or...(stay away from the crust).
11. add diced tomatos, oregano, peppers, onion, garlic, salt, sliced ham, olives, anchovies, eggs, PROSCIUTTO, whatever.
12. let rise another 1/2 hour- 1hour.
13. throw in the oven for about 20 minutes @ 375. or until the crust is golden-brown and the pizza lifts easy from the cookie sheet. the UNDERSIDE of the pizza should also be golden.
14. Let cool for a few minutes and easiest cut with kitchen scissors

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog