italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

tip: energy [and food] saver


Fold a piece of cardboard or cut a thick piece of plastic (really only a few millimeters is necessary) and slip it under the two front feet of your refrigerator. this way, if you leave the door open or accidentally don't push it in all the way, the door will automatically swing back and close. It really does take zero effort and it could save a bit here and there.

i am currently suffering from a broken refrigerator. i had to run out of town for a few days on short notice so tanya got my milk and eggs but EVERYTHING else stayed. for whatever reason-- the heat wave, improper door closing practices or sure sabatoge, something caused the motor to my fridge to burn out and i returned to a box filled with warm prosecco, spoiled kimchee, rotten cod, and cheese with far too much mold, among other casualties. i'm still a few days away from getting my replacement so i'm taking advantage and eating out till then.

But please, protect yourself and your perishables. Elevate the front of your refrigerator and don't let this happen to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, seriously - I never heard this tip before. Its so smart!



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog