italian boy

italian boy

Friday, February 14, 2014

jalapeno and lime chicken soup


This is a killer soup and super healthy too.  Perfect reminder that spring is just around the corner!  In a deep pan with olive oil and salt, lightly brown a chopped onion, two sliced jalapenos, and some fresh ginger.  Add 4-5 skinless chicken legs and brown over medium heat.  Degalze with half a bottle of light beer then cover with water and let simmer for the next ~45 minutes or until the meat easily falls off the bone.  Just before plating squeeze in the juice of 2-3 limes and serve with a hard boiled egg, half an avocado, and spring onions. 


 


1 comment:

Patrick Bateman said...

This looks great, G.

I may just try to do this tonight :)



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog