italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, February 13, 2014

cuban sandwich and shitty beer

Not gonna lie, there are few things I'm craving more right now than eating a Cuban sandwich with shitty beer- on the beach, that it. So I'm about 45 seconds away from booking a ticket to Miami. Till I board I'm gonna make one of these bitches, turn the heat up, and sit in my bedroom streaming the Perez Family.  
To make your own:
Get a nice piece of bread. If you can't find Cuban, a Portuguese roll or a mini baguette will do. Butter or brush the crust with olive oil.  Yellow mustard is a must, then roast pork (if you don't have that on hand, not the end of the world), sliced ham, Swiss cheese, and a couple sandwich slices of dill pickles. panini press that beast or put it in a skillet over medium heat while you crush it with a smaller pot lid. 
Next, a paper cup, shitty beer, and a lemon wedge. 

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog