italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

REVIEW: Tabard Inn, Washington DC

So I was inspired to do another crabcake tour of DC.  Let's see if it actually happens though since I have less time than a broken clock. Here we go again at Tabard Inn.  Interesting interpretation but once again terrible execution.  This has happened so many times. Fine, go for a cocktail at the bar, or sit in a quirky nook, by the stairs. Whatever.  But the food here is sometimes too creative so if you don't want to risk it and you're stuck on a business lunch stick with something simple.  Steak, burger, salad... of wait, the niçoise doest have lettuce.  This very bread-y and crumbly sub par crabcake was with I think what was supposed to be watercress, roasted corn (which may or may not have come from a can), all over a lobster bisque. Aside from the fact I was left to consume my briny lobster bisque with a fork, nothing seemed so go together, the flavors confused each other and the crab cake, really, was comparable to one from Phillips. Fish tacos are okay if the "nuggets" are not over fried. Burger's OK. Tabard 1739 N St NWWashington, DC 20036(202) 331-8528

1 comment:

hotels Washington DC said...

Book at least 21 days prior to your travel to take advantage of lower rates. The closer your travel dates cme, the higher the rates become.



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog