italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DAHLAK: renovation

So long story short, I was broke and walked into almost every restaurant and bar within four blocks from my apartment asking for work.  I would've been fine bartending, busing, hosting, working in the kitchen or waiting tables.  I didn't care.  Turns out the only place that was interested was Dahlak, on 18th/U/Florida.  Well, one thing led to another and I've taken a new lead on redoing a ton in this place.  Aesthetics have changed a bit with some cleaning and decluttering.  Small changes like adding bar hooks, painting and changing lights are under way.  Soon looking to redo bathroom walls & fix.  And the MENU.  We're adding lots more options adding more Mediterranean/Italian influence.  A large salad entrée section, more appetizers and a small light bar menu.  Looking to one day have new chairs and tables, redo storefront windows and update the kitchen and back patio.  Stay tuned!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog