italian boy

italian boy

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

REVIEW: little BIGS sliders in Houston

I really tried to explore and enjoy everything I could in Houston but I have to admit it was hard. I could not find decent food ANYWHERE. Maybe I was looking for love in all the wrong places but seriously it's close to impossible to find ANYTHING thats not fried, meat or covered in ranch dressing, if not all three. Even when I asked for a plain salad at my hotel restaurant with nothing on it and dressing on the side my salad came with hard boiled egg, bacon and blue cheese. Oh well. Well this place was decent, though everything was fried (even if it was flat grilled I'm sure there was enough grease to actually fry it) and mostly meat, and covered in spicy ranch dressing. I got a beef slider, [fried crisy] chicken slide, and a [also fried] faboulous black bean slider. All very good. Fun place, LOVED the bean slider- makes me want to find a good recipe for one, but holy Lord, I'd be obese and dead in a month if I lived in Houston.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog