italian boy

italian boy

Monday, December 28, 2009

REVIEW: Red Rocks pizza

So I know I've reviewed a Matchbox and Radius for brick oven pizza in DC, but now I have Red Rocks. Red Rocks is on 11th and Park and is totally a Columbia Heights neighborhood restaurant. They're always busy, the food is fantastic and its got everything from airy patio seating when the weather's warm, a cozy brunch for two ($9 bottomless mimosas!!!), and even a friendly nice dinner upstairs with a small group of friends. The pizza's are fantastic, creative and most importantly DELICIOUS- the staff if uber friendly and they clearly enjoy their job. The pizza pictured above is theCipolla- mozzarella, carmalized red onions and sweet fennel sausage. YUM. I think you really can't go wrong here- there's a very subtle twist to dishes you may be familiar with like a Prosciutto and Pineapple pizza and fabulous cocktails (Dirty Garlic Martini anyone?).

CHECK THIS PLACE OUT.. If you're up on Wisconson Ave, I'd say to shoot for 2 Amys but if you're anywhere near Columbia Heights, you have to stop by RED ROCKS!!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog