italian boy

italian boy

Monday, August 25, 2008

frittata? scrambled eggs?..... who cares if you don't remember their name when you wake up in the morning.

so i got up at 530 this morning and after a bit of exercise and coffee i realized i had time to cook a little something to eat. i decided to use what was sitting around and make scrambled eggs- tho some people will say this is more of a frittata, as my mother and she's probably say its none of the above... i'm just callin git delicious. i got whatever leftover vegetables i had- a little garlic, half an onion, couple tomatoes, and half a pepper (eggplants, chives, asparagus whatever you want will work)... i satuteed them all in a frying pan with a little butter and olive oil- when they got tender i pured in about a cup of milk then lowered the heat and cracked in 6 eggs. stirring constantly the eggs cook, but with the milk they wont dry out and remain fluffy and soft. a hand full of chopped parsley, and some grated cheddar all served over a crispy slice of toast. mmmmmmmm mmmmm. start to end- 10, 15 minutes? so worth it (just use eggwhites if you wanna sit on the healthier side).






No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog