italian boy

italian boy

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

REVIEW: Freshii @ 15&K not good news


I hope there are no fans out there.  This is the message I wrote to 11ande@freshii.com

Hi there, 

I was walking down 15th street to get something to eat and noticed your $5 deal sign in the window.  I'd never visited your establishment and thought today might be a nice day to experiment.  Pictured on your $5 menu was a photo of a steak wrap you advertise as your Aztec Burrito.  I ordered it and the very kind woman asked what kind of protein I wanted- I said chicken and she quickly went to work.  When I was rung up I was surprised to see there was a charge for the protein.  $5 would have covered a rice burrito.  Either way, that's fine, $6.49 wouldn't break my bank and I didn't want to make a hassle for your friendly staff.  It was just written no where on the menu in your window or at the register that that was your business model. No worries, I just suggest you make that clearer to not mislead other customers since you strive to "energize people on the go."  Unfortunately though, when I sat down at my desk and bit into my Aztec Burrito I found it filled almost entirely with rice.  Which I guess is fine, a rice burrito- but again, nothing like what I was expecting to see or what was pictured. Now question, do you reuse your rice from the night before or was the brown rice just entirely undercooked and intentionally crunchy?  Frankly, I'd feel better knowing I got last night's rice rather than believing that's the standard on how you prepare your food.  And last, the manifesto on your website claims you use "high-quality, fresh ingredients" and you promote a "health-casual" atmosphere but do you mean that to include mechanically separated and reconstructed chicken? There are air bubbles in the the meat. It's still in my trash can if you need the evidence. I'm just curious to know- I'm not sure, just your reaction and if there's any reason I should return or continue expect a highly superior product from Chipotle or the dozens of other restaurants within a few blocks from your door. 

Thank you. 


No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog