italian boy

italian boy

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak in Philly

Again, if you've read this blog for any length of time, two things I love talking about are cheesesteak subs and  crabcakes... and fish tacos for that matter. But anyway, I was just in Philly a little while ago and went by the market at Reading Terminal Market.  I honestly forgot the name of the place but I went to THE cheesesteak place and ordered the Philadelphia cheesesteak.  Mushrooms, onions and whiz.  OK. I gotcha.  I was delicious, don't get me wrong, but I've come to love so many other tasteful interpretations of the sandwich that I probably will not order this style again.  Who knows, life's a crazy journey. Either way, don't be afraid to order one and Reading Terminal might be my favorite place in Philly for lunch. 

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog