italian boy

italian boy

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: The Pinch, Washington DC

You will never guess what in the world you're going to get here.  EVERYTHING is so above what you'd expect it'll knock your slippers off.  This is totally what happens when a bunch of foodie nerds decide to open up a casual, possibly hipster, possibly dive gastropub in upper Columbia Heights. Last night we split the Pretzel Crusted Fried Pickles with horseradish mustard.... which you HAVE to get when you try this place.  Then we also split the Jerk Turkey Burger which is like nothing you've ever tasted and the Pulled Duck Sandwich with hoisin bbq.  Oh and they all came with about a thousand parmesan fries.  They have plenty of healthy things on the menu but take advantage and make this the place for your cheat night.  Lots more is coming to this space including outdoor cafe seating, (bottomless?) brunch, and a lower level lounge with communal tables, couches, a stage for performances and big screen for movie nights.  CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!  The Pinch 548 14th St NW (4/5 blocks north of Target) http://www.thepinchdc.com   ....I might have to stop by again tonight on my way home.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog