italian boy

italian boy

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Phillips Seafood

If you live in DC, VA, MD or DE you probably know about the Chesapeake Bay seafood giant, Phillips. If not, rest assured 7 out of 10 restaurants in the United States use Phillips brand crab meat (most if it is the swimming crab from South East Asia, a not terribly distant cousin of our Chesapeak blue). I think I remember reading all this in the City Paper a couple years back. Well, at the Baltimore Harbor, on DCs SW waterfront, and I'm sure now scattered here and there up 95, are these seafood restaurants. Anything in or near rest stop I recommend passing by quickly. There, my crabcake was all bread and soggy while hush puppies were burnt and dry. If however you manage to make it to the Harbor, DEFINITELY give it a shot. Even their $30 buffet which may consist of starchy soups, iceburge lettuce salads, crab mac-n-cheese, and crab imperial isn't even half bad. I left the corn dogs and fried chicken and just stuck with crab legs, steamed mussels and crawfish. There def is something for everyone there and you'll be sure to get your fill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Phillips crabcakes rock!
I've been enjoying their yummy goods sent to my house for years from their home delivery website at:
Phillips Seafood by Mail



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog