italian boy

italian boy

Friday, February 6, 2009

mussels

So quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. You can buy a bag of mussels from Wholefods for just a couple bucks. Make sure they're fresh (always ask when they came in). Its always good to give them a good scrub (I keep a brush just for this under the sink), debeard them by pulling out[and down] the black hair-like things with a knife, toss them on a pot with a just a few drops of olive oil, chopped onions and white wine. Cover and leave on low heat till they all open up. Discard any that are still closed and enjoy... omg my mouth is watering from typing this.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog