italian boy

italian boy

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer rice.

Great for the summer.  Just a plain yellow rice, use a standard recipe or buy it already seasoned but when you put the water to boil add half a chopped onion and a cup and a half or corn (frozen is fine but roasted or grilled is better).  After the water boils, add the rice, cover and let sit for 20 minutes or so.  In the mean time caramelize a large onion and about 5 cups sliced hot peppers then added that to the cooked rice, chop an entire bunch of cilantro, add 3 tablespoons or capers, black pepper and you're done! Great with seafood or by itself, everyone goes back for seconds.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Giacomo and I enjoy things delicious. Long story short, my parents moved from Italy to NJ where I grew up (and loved it) but found myself in Washington, DC fourteen years ago and haven’t yet found an excuse to leave. Food has always been a huge part of my day and life… from happy times, sad times, holidays, drunken escapades and all the rest in between, I’ve usually spent a good portion of that time putting something in my mouth. I guess I started this blog a little while ago to keep track of what I was cooking and places I’d eat-- simply because my friends were always asking “how do you make this” or “where do you get that” but surprisingly over time I guess real people started reading too. SO, take a look around and let me know what you think. You’ll see that the backbone of lots of my food is Italian but I manage to cover most bases. Thanks for stopping by. BUON APPETITO!

Search This Blog